Monday, June 09, 2014

Matilija Poppies At Twilight


Romneya (Matilija poppies)
May 8th 2014

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer."

~F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

 

My arm is still giving me trouble, it's definitely better, but it's aching and it's difficult to sleep. I don't know if I should go see my doctor or not, I am still considering it. It's been difficult to do anything with my right arm, which has made my photography difficult. I thought I would just try pushing through the pain, but I got really frustrated today and decided to try photographing these flowers with my left hand. It wasn't easy, but I did okay I think. I have always loved these summer beauties, but didn't realize they were from the poppy family! I am thinking about chasing summer flowers this year. You know, all the ones that grow wild. Alan bought me a wonderful book a while back... National Audubon Society Field Guide To Wildflowers. I think I might put it to good use this summer. I like learning about new beautiful things. 

Mood: Enthusiastic

~Me :)

No comments: