Thursday, March 13, 2014

Setting The Mood



"I don't just look at the thing itself or at the reality itself; I look around the edges for those little askew moments... kind of like what makes up our lives... those slightly awkward, lovely moments."

~Keith Carter

So, my quest to understand lighting and B/W verses Color photography continues. I have been a bit under the weather the last few days, a common bout of insomnia, mostly due to the changes in the weather, the stress of getting the computer and TV changed from one carrier to another, plus Joey is getting bigger, which mean his wrestling with his older brothers takes on a whole new level of grrr. On top of it, well, you know, life in general I guess. My point is, because of all the stuff going on, I haven't been able to get out with the camera as much as I would like, if at all! The photo at the top is a new one, I took it a couple days ago, but the following ones come from the archives. I am wanting to do more nighttime photography because I haven't done much with it, and I could use the challenge. So, when I chose a favorite night shot from the files, I decided to convert that one, along with some color favorites, to black and white to study the different vibes.

Observe...

Nighttime On Columbus Avenue


Treasure Island Pier


Bay Bridge At Night


Stockton Street Tunnel


My work, my passion for photography continues. It never bores me, in fact it continually inspires me to do better. I love it so much!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: