Friday, February 21, 2014

The Colors Of Golden Gate Park



"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it."

~Alice Walker, The Color Purple

California Poppy


Isn't that color amazing? I found the pretty little purple flowers growing at the Queen Wilhelmina Tulip Garden, in Golden Gate Park. I am not sure what they are, pansies I think, but I can't be certain. Anyway, they were so lovely I couldn't pass up the chance to capture their image when I was there the other day. Beautiful.

Spring is beginning to blossom all over the park. I could see that among the gorgeous California poppies, there were tulips here and there. In a month or so, the place will be all tulips! That's why spring is my favorite time in this park, everything is so alive with color! It always lifts my mood and makes me smile. 

There is a lot of beautiful color to come... stay tuned!

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: