Monday, October 14, 2013

Life As Fine Wine...



"Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle."

~Paulo Coelho, Brida

As Alan and I sat at dinner last night, on our 23rd anniversary, we did a lot of reflecting on how our marriage has taken twists and turns over the years. A lot can happen in 23 years! Thankfully, we have done a lot more laughing than crying. But don't get me wrong, we have had some dark days among all the joy. But that's just life. We are the lucky ones, we have held onto each other at all costs, and at all curves in the road. I suppose we needed some of those low points, to realize just how amazingly wonderful our love story really is! We have similar sense's of humor, and we share the same values, so that makes us great partners when things get rough! I am thankful for him... and for us. And I know, he feels the same.

 How you ask?

He tells me, and shows me, every single day!

Like he did yesterday, on a very long drive from vineyard to vineyard in Sonoma and Napa.

 

Life is a fine wine, and it's good to have the right person to share it with!

"I would pour you a glass of wine, but wouldn't it be more romantic if you sipped it from my armpit?"
~Jarod Kintz, A Story That Talks About Talking Is Like Chatter To Chattering Teeth, And Every Set Of Dentures Can Attest To The Fact That No...

~

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: