Thursday, May 16, 2013

Great Southern White


Great Southern White ( Ascia monuste) (Male)


"The flesh in which we live is nothing more than a cocoon, and only when we step out of it do we truly begin to live."

~Nancy Stephan, The Truth About Butterflies: A Memoir

Yesterday, Alan and I went to the new butterfly exhibit at the Conservatory Of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. It was lovely to say the least. It opened on May 8th, and will be continuing through the summer and part of autumn. I was able to photograph a nice variety, and for the most part I am happy with the results. It's been several years since I have had a chance to get in practice with a collection of butterflies, so I found I was a bit rusty. That's okay, I will be visiting the conservatory as much as possible. I am looking forward to posting a lot of new photos of my favorite subject... butterflies.

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: