Wednesday, April 03, 2013

The 6th Defenestration Of Howard



"No violence, gentlemen... no violence, I beg of you! Consider the furniture!"

~Athur Conan Doyal, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

"Shin: Device for finding furniture in the dark."

~Unknown

It was a good day with the camera yesterday! We went to San Francisco yesterday,  in search of some public art, certain pieces in particular.  The first one I bring you here in this post, it is titled "Defenestration" by artist, Brian Goggin. Isn't it amazing?

The idea of the piece serves to remind us of the beauty in the forgotten and cast off. Installed on the side of a building at 6th and Howard, in a part of San Francisco that has been through a lot of struggles, socially and financially, it is a work of art the really speaks to me. As I have tried to demonstrate through my photography over the years, the simple and forgotten sometimes bring us the most profound enlightenment's.

I will be back to do more photos of this piece, as I am completely in love with it. Until next time here is my gallery from yesterday...

Defenestration: The act of throwing someone or something out of a window.

Gallery...



Now, please enjoy one of my favorite episode's of One Life To Live. It is titled, "The Defenestration of Blair Cramer." Truly, it's one of the best episodes that features Kassie DePaiva and Florencia Lozano's as frenemies Blair Cramer and Tea Delgado! LOL. Oh for the LOVE OF TODD! I am so glad One Life To Live has been resurrected and will be returning at the end of the month to the Online Network! Daytime dramas are a form of art as well, and no medium of art should be forced into an unwanted death or encouraged to just lay down and die.

OLTL Episode # 10, 541: The Defenestration of Blair Cramer
October 9th, 2009



Mood: Happy :)

~Me :)



No comments: