Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 132~ Moonlighting



"The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It's always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it's a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections."

~Tehereh Mafi, Shatter Me

 

I love photographing the moon. During an eclipse. When it shines brightly in the early morning. When it's crystal clear. When it's partly cloudy. Any time I get the chance... I love photographing the moon. I like to read the Farmer's Almanac, and learn about lunar trivia and lore. I love spooky movies, some of my favorite being werewolf movies, especially the old black and white ones. The newer ones don't seem to have the same charm as that the old ones do. Shrug. I suppose it's because I grew up watching the black and white ones, but I find all the special effects in the new ones distracting and somehow it becomes about the effects, and not about the moon itself, or the way it plays with the humans, and the earth it watches over. I like that I can let my imagination run wild under a full moon, and yet I know it's nothing more than a million year old pattern of existence. And every day event. That's a comforting thought, but not very romantic. LOL. I don't dwell on it because  I am an easy girl to please. Just give me a camera, and I will find happiness.

:)

 

"The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps it's course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to it's nature and its power is never diminished."

~Deng Ming-Dao, Everyday Tao: Living With Balance And Harmony

~Me :)

And Now, Please Take A Few Minutes And Pay A Visit To My Friend JR's Blog, He Is An Awesome Photographer, And You Will Enjoy Your Visit There Very Much. :)

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/09/apadf6-128.html


1 comment:

jr cline said...

The moon is wonderful. I really like to see it. I've never successfully taken a photo of the moon that was any good.
Yours are lovely.

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/09/padf6-129.html