Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day66~ Another Attempt At Natural Monochromatic Conditions



"No matter how much water a sink takes on, it never lives up to it's name. The Titanic would never have sunk if it were made out of a sink."


~Jarod Kintz, The Titanic Would Never Have Sunk If Were Made Out Of A Sink.


Well, I almost posted a new photo each day this week, but this morning I got up and could barely move. For whatever reason, my Fibromyalgia has decided to knock me down. It's okay, this happens from time to time, and all I need to do is rest and do my best until it passes. We had a few really hot days this past week, then a sudden cool down, which sometimes triggers it, but who knows... only the Fibromyalgia. Alan is a lot of help when it hits me hard, and as I have shared in previous posts, he is a trooper about the situation. He speaks ME. LOL. It's hurts, and days like today it's all I can do to move, but I know it's important to try.


So, lets discuss the photo for today. I am still working on spotting those opportunities to photograph naturally occurring monochromatic scenes. I think I came close here. I  was out with the camera while back, when I decided to grab some lunch and take it down to the Pacifica Pier. It was around 2 in the afternoon, and there wasn't much going on, even the surf was down that day, but I did begin to notice, that the sun was beginning to cast an even tone onto everything. Over all I was very happy with what I got that day, and I suppose if I had waited another hour or so, it may have delivered that grayscale I was looking for, but I think I came pretty close here. But then again, you know what they say, a miss is as good as a mile. Right? SHRUG. :)


Oh well, I will keep trying. That's all I can do... right? :)

"Always be like water. Float in the times of pain or dance like waves along the wind which touches it's surface."

~Santosh Kalwar




:)


~Me :)


Today's Link...


JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/07/apadf6-60-64.html

1 comment:

jr cline said...

Seems to me these naturally occurring monochromatic scenes are hard to find.
This one is quite nice.
Sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope it passes soon.
It is good to be back. I missed playing here while I was gone. I enjoy seeing your work.
Funny you mentioned a bucket list. Being naked on a train was actually on my list and I've now checked that off. Seemed like a good title for that week's photo project, so used it.
I held the sign, but I didn't drink a big ass beer. lol Just a regular beer. I was having a great time though.

Here is my link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/07/apadf6-65.html