Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 44~ Rose Garden Update



"One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today."

~Dale Carnegie

Julia Child

 

Time for an update regarding the rose garden. I purchased a new rose, the Julia Child. I was wanting a splash of yellow to enhance to colors of my garden. I also had a pretty good reason to chose yellow roses this time around, you see, Alan brought me yellow roses the weekend he proposed to me. So I have always been partial to them, but it has taken me quite a while to find the one with the exact depth of yellow color, and the perfect fragrance combination. But today, I finally decided on the Julia Child.

Hot Cocoa

 

The rose you see at the top is called Hot Cocoa. It is A-MA-ZING. It has the most unusual color. At times the deep purple stands our the most, but then a couple moments later it will show as more of a deep rose color, with bright pink highlights. I have photographed this rose at different times of day, with a different result each time. It's stunning!


I am not sure if I will add another rose to the garden this year, but I know there are still two I would love to see in person, just to get a feeling about perhaps adding it next year. Pumpkin Patch and Honey Dijon. I have actually seen the Honey Dijon rose in the Golden Gate Park rose garden. It is lovely and soft, and it has a real full honey scent. Not as spicy as most roses, but unique in it's sweet scent. 


I have loved every moment of building this rose garden. It brings me an immense sense of happiness.So  yeah... I'm having fun.  :)

~Me :)

Now, go take a look at what my talented friends Kat and JR are photographing today. I just know it's something wonderful. :)

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-43.html

Kat
http://inmydreamssfk.blogspot.com/2012/06/fridays-seem-to-roll-around-so-quickly.html


2 comments:

jr cline said...

Beautiful roses. I bet your rose garden smells delicious. Yellow was my mother's favorite color rose.
I don't have much luck with growing roses.

Here is my link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-44.html

Unknown said...

Absolutely Beautiful photos!