Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 35~ Sunflowers



"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It's what sunflowers do."


~Helen Keller


As if by magic, or good timing at the very least, I have been spending the week planning, and getting ready to plant Sunflowers... lots and lots of Sunflowers, when what should appear in my inbox... my Farmer's Almanac, and in it was a fascinating article all about... you guessed it... Sunflowers!


I was so happy to read the article, that it inspired me to take a look through my archives for inspiration before planting this year. I love the large yellow Sunflowers, but my heart belongs to the exotic colors as well. The black and purple, and especially the fiery reds. I love that Sunflowers turn their faces toward the sun, then follow it as it moves throughout the day. It's a great reminder not to dwell on the cold, dark, side of things. 


Soak Up The Sun.


Enjoy!
Farmer's Almanac: Sunflowers To The Rescue!





















See ya tomorrow!


~Me:)




1 comment:

jr cline said...

Beautiful flowers. I really like the back lighting.

I've been taking my pictures, but just can't get the time to post them. I hope to catch up on Friday.