Saturday, June 09, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 31~The Color Yellow



"What a horrible thing yellow is."


~Edgar Degas


"There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transfer a yellow spot into the sun."


~Pablo Picasso

 

"How wonderful yellow is. It stands for the sun."


~Vincent Van Gogh

Three of my favorite artists... each with a different perception of the color yellow.


Yellow... I guess it is one of those colors either you love or you hate! Personally, I have gone back and forth over the years regarding the color yellow. In my teens, my bedroom was decorated in shades of green and yellow. It seemed like it would be a happy, energizing color to paint my room, so my mom and I went to the paint store and picked out a shade of yellow that could only be described as... SUNNY. It was energizing alright, to the point it was distracting. Don't get me wrong it was a beautiful color, that would have been amazing as the trim, but as the main color of the room it was a lot to take in.


I had that color on the walls for about a year, and then I settled into a nice lettuce green, which stayed on the walls of my room for the next 3 years, after that my parents painted it a nice shade of blue. But during my yellow and green time in life, it was nice to have all that color to inspire me creatively. I think that time in my life when almost everything in my life was either of those two colors, it made be begin to appreciate other colors more. When your walls are white, you don't think about different colors all that much. Well, at least I didn't. I don't know if what I learned all those years ago had much influence on what objects I tend to gravitate to with my photography, but I do know when a yellow object presents itself, I tend to try to soften the overall look of the photo.

I did happen to learn one more thing about the color yellow... I can't wear it. Not at all. It makes me look... well... sick. LOL. 

~ Me :)

Have you ever wondered about the meaning of the color yellow is? How it affects us psychically or how yellow affects our sense of smell? Well, if the answer is YES great, you're in luck. Just click the link below to be redirected to information about all things yellow!

Sensational Yellow




Now, go see what JR has posted. He is an awesome photographer, and a loyal participant of this challenge and the Monday Photo Shoot. :)


JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-29.html