Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 7: Sponges



“Sponges grow in the ocean. That just 'gets' me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."

~Stephen Wright quotes

** Please Note: I am incredibly busy this week. I will be by to see and comment on all participants photos this coming weekend. Thank you so much for being patient with me... you're good friends. 

:) 


Sometimes you are the Appendix... Sometimes you are the Sponge.



Do you ever feel like a sponge? Like you just absorb all the stuff that comes your way, with or without your permission? I only have enough room for just a certain amount of information, and I tend to store it away in it's proper memory folder, but then there sits all the stupid stuff... trivia, idiotic neighbors that actively work on robbing me of my last nerve, useless every day drama that invariably tends to stalk me... like I said... STUPID STUFF. Who invented the stupid, useless, dramatic, idiotic stuff? Personally, I am thinking GOD. Yep, it's pretty much GOD'S curse and/or GIFT to us.


Follow...



You see, all the stuff that comes at us, that might seem stupid and useless at first view, but might actually work like an appendix does for a doctor. Your appendix sits there your whole life, not doing much, but there is always the chance that one day it will spasm and or rupture, so some doctor, somewhere, will get the chance to practice his or her skills as a surgeon.


 My appendix ruptured when I was 7 years old, after a long evening of playing Monopoly with my sister, accompanied the unreasonable consumption of Planter's Salted Peanuts. Was it the the game of Monopoly? Was it spending time with my evil sister? Was it the unreasonable consumption of Planters Salted Peanuts? Or was it GOD giving someone, something to do?


Was I just the sponge?


Thoughts? Do you ever feel like a sponge? If so, Please, tell me of your own experience with being a sponge. 


Me:)
See ya tomorrow!

If you would like to join in with my project, please grab your camera and come along. Just post your photo, and come back here with a direct link back to it. There is NO daily subject, just post whatever you see that day, and share a little bit about why you decided to post that particular photo. 

JR Cline (Photo link for Day 5)
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/05/apadf6-5.html

JR Cline (Photo link for Day 6)
Here is my for this day. http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/05/apadf6-6.html

3 comments:

Jama said...

It's good to see you're back to blogging,as I miss your beautiful photos. Welcome back and take care of your health, remember to have lots of rest.

fdtate said...

Tried to leave a comment on yesterday's post, but did something wrong.

First, it's good to see your great photos again.

My comment yesterday was along the lines of great minds thinking alike...sorta. Just paid for another year of Flickr and resolved to get more use out of it by posting at least one photo per day -- some old stuff I'd overlooked, mixed with some new stuff. Then saw your tweet to yesterday's post and saw that you were also doing a "photo of the day" thing.

Anyway, you're a few days ahead of me, but here's today's photo...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fdtate/7207868088/

jr cline said...

That is a lovely lighthouse picture.
I'm the sponge quite often. People have been telling me for years what a good listener I am. I listen to a lot of stupid stuff. Once in a while, someone will listen to me. Rarely, I'll be in a conversation where everyone gets to talk and share ideas as equals.

Here is my link for today:
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/05/apadf6-7.html