Sunday, June 19, 2011

EMPS #128: Garden Creatures



House, n. A hollow edifice erected for the habitation of man, rat, mouse, beetle, cockroach, fly, mosquito, flea, bacillus, and microbe.

~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

"Around a flowering tree, one finds many insects."
- Proverb from Guinea

See, I told ya I was going to participate this week! The picture above was taken this last week, naughty little grasshopper, eating my beautiful roses! The two photographs below are from my archives, but they are among some of my very favorites!

The little flowers that this lovely bug is resting on, is barely the size of a dime. So pretty though! Both the bug and the flower. I found it in Golden Gate Park.


This second photograph was taken at one of my favorite parks in San Francisco... Alamo Square Park. In that park is a smaller, secondary park devoted to shoes. Some shoes left as a memorial no doubt, others offered as mere decoration methinks. All I know is that when I am there, I feel reflective and at ease inside. I like to try to imagine the person who owned the shoes. What their story might be. Who would buy green shoes with little ladybugs on them? And for what occasion would you wear them? If you ever get to San Francisco... go see these wonderful "GARDEN CREATURES."



Okie Doke... that's my GARDEN CREATURES! Now, be sure to visit the other participants for this week's assignment! The complete list will be up tomorrow, along with an all new assignment!

-Carly

PS... The Round Robin Photo Challenges is still going strong, if you enjoy photography, be sure to give it a try. All the information can be found on the blog. (Round Robin Photo Challenges)


2 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

My bug/creature post is up here.
http://hipchickphotos.blogspot.com/2011/06/ellipsis-monday_19.html

Jama said...

I love that second shot, the insect looks so huge against the small flowers. Is the shoe for decoration purpose? I remembered seeing one huge Ferragamo shoe on display in a mall, took a picture of it, I should have post that photo instead of the cruise ship.