Friday, January 15, 2010

Run Don't Walk... I'm Pulling My Money Out Of Chase!

From For Ellipsis


"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

-Robert Frost

Warning: This Post Is Rated PG-13

The other day I heard Ariana Huffington's plea, on MSMBC's Countdown With Keith Olbermann, for we Americans to take our money out of the big banks and put it into a smaller local bank or credit unions. I remember thinking about how monumental that task seemed. When you have direct deposit, and you have automatically scheduled payments, it can be a lot of work to make any new changes. Still, she had a point. The large (TOO BIG TO FAIL) banks are recording not just profits but record profits and they are continuing to reward their "BEST PEOPLE" with huge bonuses. I have never seen a more blatant FUCK YOU! Have you? And just today, as I logged onto my account with JP Morgan Chase to check my balance, I found that some sort of "GLITCH" has caused my account to overdraw by $278! Fine. Great. I had money in my account, but now I don't. I get promises to fix it... but no indication about how long it will take. It is affecting folks nationwide, so I guess I am supposed to take some comfort in that fact.

I think I am ready to put up with the inconvenience of changing banks. As soon as I can I am changing to a smaller bank or credit union. I have had enough of putting money in the pockets of the very same people who nearly bankrupted this country, and I hope others will join me. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I wish I could do it today, but alas the last time I checked what little money I did have in my account is tied up in limbo while CHASE figures out it's "GLITCH." I can't even access enough to buy milk, and I suppose that is the mess a lot of folks are facing today. If you have an account with Chase, you better go check your balance and then hope for the best.

JP Morgan Chase Profit 4Q: Bank Profit Soars To $3.28 Billion

Stop The Abuse: It's Time To Break Up With Your Bank

Ariana Huffington: Move Your Money And Make Too-Big-To-Fail Banks Smaller

-Carly

1 comment:

MyMaracas said...

I have an account with a local bank and another at a credit union. They are both great to work with, and they support the local community causes like no big bank would. Your money is just as safe, fees and penalties are lower, and often the interest rates are better. For my money, it's a no-brainer.