Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Fire By The Water

From For Ellipsis


"And where two raging fires meet together, they do consume the thing that feeds their fury."

-William Shakespeare

While in Half Moon Bay, a couple weeks ago, Alan and I came across a slow, controlled burn along the side of the road near the town of Pescadero. It was burning between HWY 1 and the cliffs that overlook the Pacific Ocean. I am afraid of fire, even under the most controlled circumstances, but on that day I just had to stop and snap off some photos. I thought the smoke, with the ocean behind it, made for some interesting shadows. Funny how even the things that scare me the most, become less frightening when I have the camera with me. I take it everywhere, but I am never more grateful for it, then when I am frightened. Strange how brave I feel with just a little help. :)
From For Ellipsis



-Carly

3 comments:

Jama said...

That looks kind of scary to me! I'm amazed at your bravery Carly, I would have taken the photos from a distance away.

Vicki ~ FL said...

That was quite brave of you Carly but the turned out great.

Martha (Menagerie) said...

Wow Carly, sure does look scary and intense! So nice to have you drop by today :-)