Friday, October 16, 2009

Autumn... Taking It's Time

From For Ellipsis


"Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn."

-Elizabeth Lawrence

I have been checking the Leaf-Peeper reports, and it seems that autumn is getting off to a slow start here in California, which means my trip to Plumas County will probably be late next week, if I go at all. That's ok, here in the Berkeley hills, we are beginning to see some color, and it's keeping me occupied. Here... have a look at Tilden Park!

From For Ellipsis


From For Ellipsis


From For Ellipsis


What is autumn looking like in your neck of the woods? Are the leaves in your area making a colorful display?

-Carly

3 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Here in New England where the autumn is known for being so spectacular it is not so great this year. They say it is because we had a very wet early summer and not a very dry late summer. Well, last year it was especially beautiful and I guess there is always next year.

Nature's Sound said...

We are having a very rainy weekend so even if there was great color, which there isn't, it wouldn't be conducive to enjoyment :(

Well . . .
Since I missed going to the Pumpkin Patch with my grandson this year, maybe I'll actually GO to Punkin Chunkin which is a huge local event held the weekend after Halloween cuz, what else is there to do with all those left over pumpkins?

Hope you get your day in the park Carly.

Glenda

fdtate said...

More great photos, Carly!

In my neck of the woods, autumn seems to be arriving a little earlier than usual. It's been chilly and rainy lately. There's some difference of opinion amongst the locals as to whether all the wet weather is a good thing or a bad thing for fall color. It looks good to me so far.