Monday, September 21, 2009

September 1972




"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older."

-Tom Stoppard

As the new Fall 2009 television season begins, I find myself all nostalgic. I hated going back to school as a child, but lived for all the new TV in the Fall. Oh my, such mixed emotions! LOL. 1972 was a very good TV year by a child's standards, but then again how could you go wrong with such classics as The Odd Couple, The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family?!

Hmmm... a lot of shows began with "THE" back then!? LOL.

Anyway, this season, I am looking forward to some returning shows, such as, Dancing With The Stars, Castle, and Desperate Housewives, but there are some new shows I am really excited about, like Eastwick, and Flash Forward. They both look like a lot of fun.

So tell me, do you have a favorite season for television? What returning shows are you looking forward to? How about the new shows... does anything stand out for you? And if you could bring one classic back, which one would it be? Tell me everything!!

-Carly

2 comments:

Dave said...

Dollhouse is absolutely the best sci-fi on television. And, of course, House and Bones.

fdtate said...

Thanks for the look back at the 1972 TV schedule. I was a real TV junkie back then and remember all of these.

Other than live sports events, I don't watch much TV now. What I do watch, I usually see on the Internet or On Demand on my schedule.

The show I'm most looking forward to is "Flash Forward." The premise is pretty unusual. I'll check out an episode or two, and keep watching if it's any good. I'm also glad to see Ed O'Neill back on TV. I'll probably check out an episode or two of his show, but I can't remember the name of it off-hand.