Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ghosts...

From For Ellipsis


"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly at night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."

-Crowfoot

I believe in ghosts, but I have never felt one in the little home I currently live in. Nothing spooky has happened here, well, accept for the night back in November of 2003 when Alan and I heard that strange high pitched noise in the back yard. On that night I am sure there was something other worldly close by. As we turned out all the lights inside, to get a better look out at the yard, Elvis got up onto the bed, looked toward the bedroom window, stood up on his back feet, and pointed with his right paw toward the direction the sound came from. It was an eerie sight. One I will never forget. I had not seem him do that before that night, and he never did it after that. It honestly looked like he could see something out in the yard, that Alan and I couldn't. We never heard that sound again.

In fact nothing remotely spooky has happened since, but the last couple days, as I was sitting at my computer, I could have sworn I saw a shadow cross the room behind me. A large, black shadow. Now I know that the sun casts a slightly different light in autumn, it's something that I look forward to, but this shadow seems a little different from the ones that I usually see. I am not afraid, but I am curious. I have always wanted to witness a full body apparition for myself, but in truth, if I actually did see one I think it might not be so much interesting as terrifying. LOL. It's one thing to investigate a haunted house, but to live in one, well, I don't think so! Well, maybe if it were a nice ghost, or maybe a protective one like Capt. Daniel Gregg from The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. I could live with that. Why I wouldn't even call Jason and Grant from Ghost Hunters. If that were the case.

I don't know... maybe it is my overactive imagination needing an outlet. Maybe it is because we are coming up on my very favorite holiday, Halloween, I don't know, it just feels like the big shadow isn't just a shadow. You know? In any case, I am beginning to get used to the shadow, so maybe I should be thinking about naming it. LOL. What do you call a shadow? Harry? Well that would never work if the shadow turns out to be a female shadow... that would just make it angry. Hmm... what to do, what to do... Maybe I will just stick with YOU for now, and wait until it either shows a feminine side or masculine side. YIKES... how would it be to find out it likes wearing my clothing... LOL. I could wake up one morning to find a disembodied spirit wearing my Spanx! Now there is a visual!

Opinions, opinions... do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever seen a shadow you couldn't explain? What happens after this life? Do we stay or do we go? Do you like TV shows about the paranormal? By the way, there is a nifty new show about ghosts on the Biography channel this week called, Celebrity Ghost Stories. I plan to pop a big bowl of popcorn, pour a Caramel Apple Cider, grab my kitties, and invite my shadow to join us for the show! LOL. Alan has to work, so I will be... yikes... all alone!

:)

-Carly


No comments: