Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Hanukkah


"May love and light fill your home and heart at Hanukkah."

-Unknown

The Festival of Lights begins tonight at sundown. Happy Hanukkah everyone! I am making dreidel cookies a little later on today, and tomorrow Alan and I will be making a traditional Jewish feast together. He enjoys cooking as much as I do, and every Hanukkah we try to make a new recipe. Tonight it's Brisket in Wine Sauce. I found a number of wonderful new recipes at About.com. All of them are pretty simple, and so far they have come out just right. Alan is making the Latkes on Tuesday night, which I am really looking forward to. :) That isn't really a new recipe, it's a lighter version I developed after I learned I had Type 2 Diabetes. It's really delicious, and while I am eating a different version, it's just as yummy. Facing a diagnosis of diabetes wasn't the worst thing that ever happened to me, in fact, it has taught me a lot about nutrition. That's a blessing. :) It's a good time in our house, the holidays bring the best out in both of us. Happiness is a good thing.

From our house to yours... HAPPY HANUKKAH!

-Carly
Happy Hanukkah 2008