Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Wish There Were A Knob

"I wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called brightness, but that doesn't work."

-Unknown

This is probably my least favorite week of the year. The last week of August. It's not quite autumn yet, but the mornings are already becoming a bit nippy, and the leaves are falling just enough to make me crave a full fledged autumn day. In addition to being a complete seasonal tease... it is also perhaps the most boring week of the year, as we stand just on the edge of the new fall TV season.

I didn't watch much of the Olympics, I just couldn't get into it. George Bush was acting like an ass, an even bigger one then he usually does, and all the political controversy has left a bad taste in my mouth. Sigh. I don't know why or how China was chosen to hold the Olympics, to me it seemed like a dreadful idea, given the way they treat their own people. I won't even go into the whole kicking people from their house, and the massive toxic clean-up it took to hold the games in China, I am sure you all heard about it. Anyway, the lack of good TV this time of year, makes me look forward to all the new shows about to debut, as if it were actually a holiday. LOL.

I took a look at the complete 2008 - 2009 Fall Schedule, over at TV Guide, and as seasons go, this year seems a bit lackluster. Although, there are a couple new shows that actually look kind of fun. Kath and Kim, with Molly Shannon, and Selma Blair, looks really funny, and Worst Week, on ABC, also looks like it could be a nice companion to one of my favorite shows on Monday nights, "Two-and-a-Half Men." Humor is big with me, I like a good drama from time to time, but humor will get my attention every time. Speaking of humor, don't you wish we could see a little more of the political conventions? We got full coverage of the Olympics, but when it comes to American Politics, we get just the highlights. There is something wrong with that!

I am looking forward to seeing a lot of the returning shows like, Samantha Who, Private Practice, Gray's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, How I Met Your Mother, Real Time With Bill Maher, Ghost Whisperer, and Dancing With The Stars, and my very favorite, Pushing Daisies. Hmmm... look at that... I guess I watch more TV on ABC, then any of the other networks. I never really noticed that before. Hmmmm. Anyway, I guess what is plaguing me is the end of summer blues. And everyone knows there is no cure for that! LOL. I will just have to be content a little while longer with these inane "summer break" shows, as I pine away for autumn!

How about you, do you find yourself watching one network more then any other?Is there a certain new show you will be looking forward to? How about from the returning shows, is there one you like best? What classic TV show do you wish someone would do over? Personally, I think a do-over of "I Love Lucy" with Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos would just be fun! What do you think? Tell me everything!

View the complete Fall Preview at TV Guide


-OndineMonet
"Toward Fall"
Berkeley, California
Autumn, 2007
Late Afternoon


3 comments:

Kiva said...

So far, I don't see anything in the new schedule that I'd stay home for. I guess I'll still be watching Bones, The Closer, House, and Pushing Daisies if they're still on!
I've been so disappointed at the remakes of the classics lately, that I would just like to see the old reruns of Man from UNCLE!
OBTW, I nominated you for a blog award so if you're interested stop by and pick it up!

Jama said...

I love Ghost Whisperer! we're just into season 3 right now.I can be a couch potato at time,as long as there's something good on tv/ cable. And not necessary be in English, I love chinese, Indian, Korean, Japanese movies.....as long as there's english subtitles, I'll be glued to the tv! lol

Mike said...

I'm looking forward to a couple of new shows: Fringe and, um, I can't remember the name of the other one. But, I also like, Life, Eli Stone, How I Met Your Mother, and Lost. To name a few...