Friday, August 22, 2008

4 Years 364 Days Give Or Take

"I sincerely believe blogging can save America."

-John Jay Hooker

What Does The Title Of Your Blog Mean?

Can you believe I have been blogging 5 years? Well, actually, as of tomorrow it will have been 5 years, officially, oh, how about I just explain. As some of you may remember, I am part of the great AOL exodus, of November 2005. Originally Ellipsis was an AOL Journal, but after the banner ad scandal, I left my simple pink journal behind, along with approximately 150 others, and looked for a new home in a different neighborhood.

Well, at least that's how I thought of it. I sent out a change of address email, and some folks supported me and understood my decision, and some didn't. I don't want to dwell on anything negative here, I have since let go of the disappointment, but I will say I wish the folks who went their own way all the best. I always did. I am just sorry the friendships had to end. Change happens, and but it never has to affect relationships if we don't want it to.

Anyway, here I am on Blogger, ready to welcome the start of my next 5 years of blogging. I hope that isn't an ambitious number, lol, blogging can be difficult from time to time. I get tired. And because of some physical pain, a lot of time I am not able to get out with the camera as much as I would like to, so I have to rely on archived images, or pictures I find on the net, to go along with whatever I am trying to convey to you. I will always prefer to use my own photos, because I am a visual person, I speak through my photos. A lot of the time, I try to present you photos that tell the whole tale, rather then babble on, and on, and on.

So, I don't know for sure I will be celebrating Ellipsis's 10th anniversary or not, but I know I am going to give it a go. I have stuff to say. Politics, photography, healthy living, cats, monkeys, 9/11, recipes, cat care, Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Arthritis, John Ritter, Elvis, spooky movies, chocolate, life, art, LOST, George W. Bush, Type 2 Diabetes, Play-Doh, autumn, Halloween, married life, men, clothes, hairstyles, and Mr. November all make up my Ellipsis life. (...)

Main Entry: el·lip·sis
Function: noun
Pronunciation: i-'lip-s&s, e-
Inflected Form(s): plural el·lip·ses /-"sez/
Etymology: Latin, from Greek elleipsis ellipsis, ellipse, from elleipein to leave out, fall short, from en in + leipein to leave -- more at IN , LOAN
1 a : the omission of one or more words that are obviously understood but that must be supplied to make a construction grammatically complete b : a sudden leap from one topic to another
2 : marks or a mark (as ... or * or -) indicating an omission (as of words) or a pause

-OndineMonet
Ellipsis 5th Anniversary
August 23, 2008

4 comments:

Florinda said...

Happy 5th blogiversary - that's HUGE in blogging time! Best of luck in the next five (or more!), and I'm glad to have met you here on Blogger!

Suzanne R said...

Happy blogging anniversary! You may know that your blog is one of my favorites; may it continue for many, many more years.

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations on five years. It's wonderful that you're still here, still writing! I'd follow you wherever you went in the blogosphere. Even though I'm the worst commenter (commentor?) ever! xo Phinney