Friday, April 18, 2008

Looking For Peacefulness In Richardson Bay

"I believe there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright."

-Henry David Thoreau

Last Wednesday was a very good day. We began by visiting the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park, and finished by doing a couple of short hikes in Marin County. First up at the Marin Headlands, then along the shore in Richardson Bay. The sun was perfect, the air was perfect and all was right with the world. But there was a moment... when not everything was so perfect.

Yes, Alan and I fuss once in a while. It is usually about the same thing. His driving, and my backseat driving. LOL. Sometimes he scares me, and sometimes I overreact and before you know it... GRRRR meets GRRRR. We usually end up laughing about it later, like we did last Wednesday. "Carly, did we take a wrong turn at the last stop sign?" To which I reply, "Yes, YOU were completely and utterly wrong!" LOL. Followed by a mischievous little grin. "Later, when I accidentally (on purpose) forget to make your dinner... it will be my turn." LOL. "That won't work my dear, I know how to cook!" ROFLMAO... and he's right, he does know how to cook. Tee Hee. It's difficult to be spiteful to a man who knows how to find his own food. LOL. It's much nicer to cuddle up and laugh the Grrr away.

Our little spat had happened early, and we had completely brushed it off by the time we had got to Richardson Bay, but had we still be grumpy, I am sure the minute we passed into the sanctuary it would have melted away due to the absolute beauty of the surroundings. The nature trail, the view of the bay and San Francisco, the wildflowers, and of course, the birds. We saw Canadian Geese, some Mockingbirds, the usual shore birds, and some gorgeous little Quail. Sigh. I want to visit here more often, and I am planning on doing some sunset photos next autumn, when the light dims early. Autumn and winter is my favorite time to do sunset photos, the colors seem a little more intense to me. Just a little more beauty to look forward to.

:)

Lyford House

The Shoreline

Quail

-OndineMonet
Richardson Bay Audubon Center & Sanctuary
Richardson Bay
Tiberon, California
April 16, 2008
Afternoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Carly. My husband and I never fight after all these years -- unless he's driving -- My foot is always on the make-believe break! And dammit, my husband can cook too! Hugs :-)