Friday, January 25, 2008

My Snowy Stranger (Haiku)

"It is one thing to photograph people. It is another to make others care about them by revealing the core of their humanities."

-Paul Strand

I had a good in the snow time earlier this week, especially with all the little happy touches I found here and there. Is there anything more happy, in the middle of a cold, cold winter, then the sight of a cheerful little snowman? This little guy wasn't very tall at all, but he had me smiling most of the day. It was an amazing feeling to feel snow between my fingers for the first time. It felt warmer then I thought it would, and now I know, I prefer it to rain. Yes, definitely. I did have a difficult time with the aches and pains that followed later in the day, but that is kind of a fact of life in winter. When the temperature drops, so does my toleration for pain. I am dealing with my Fibromyalgia the best I can, and I know trips like this are going to be a trade off. Sometimes that fact makes me sad. I will never accept that life has so many trade-offs to it.

I will probably be homebody the rest of the weekend, due to the large storm outside right now. High winds, talk of flooding in the Bay Area, and this is only day one of the 3 day storm. Yuck. Still, there is supposed to be a lovely, lively bit of lightning and thunder later today. I LOVE that. I sky making a big noise, and everything smells so good. :) I like to sit by the window and watch it rain, and maybe wish just a little that it would snow, and cover the whole world in those soft, mushy little individual flakes that make me happy. Like I said... everything is a trade-off.

My Snowy Stranger (Haiku)
By Carly Gordon

My Snowy Stranger
Made Of Soft Winter Moments
Waves Warmly Goodbye

-OndineMonet
"My Snowy Stranger"
Woodside, California
January 22, 2008
Afternoon

3 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I thought of you when I read about I-5 being closed due to snow. Funny how weather conditions that are the same old annoyance where I grew up are rare and amazing at the opposite end of the country!

Unknown said...

I love your snowman!! How fun!

Anonymous said...

beautiful entry Carly!
love,nat