Friday, November 23, 2007

It's Black Friday, Do You Know Where The Bargains Are?

"I love to go shopping. I love freaking out the salespeople. They ask me if they can help me, and I say, "Have you got anything I would like? Then they ask me what size I need, and I say, "Extra medium.""

-Stephen Wright

Ah yes, Black Friday. Alan and I consider the day after Thanksgiving to be just as big a holiday, as Turkey Day itself. LOL. We love to get up really early, and hit the malls, just so we can watch the frantic mad-dashing of holiday shoppers. People watching is one of our favorite things to do, it has been a tradition with us since well before we even started dating. Yep, it's true, even back when we were just best friends, we would hit the malls the day after Thanksgiving, and just enjoy the crowd.

Now, as old marrieds, we also do a small bit of shopping, because it is our official day to pick out the advent calender for the season, but this year I may make one or two additional purchases. We will be in Union Square for a while, and for a shopper, Union Square is like visiting Disneyland. Tiffany's, Macy's, Sharper Image, The Disney Store, Victoria's Secret, just to name a few morsels of retail goodness. There are one or two things I would like to get while I am there. But after, when we aren't shopping, it's a lot of fun to just sit and watch the street performers, that make San Francisco so much fun.

So tell me, will you be hitting the stores bright and early? Or do you do more of your shopping online, or through catalogs? Have you already completed your holiday shopping for this year, or have you not bought nary a thing yet? Do you always take a list with you, or do you shop on instinct? Will you be spending more or less this year? Come on, share with me your holiday shopping style, you know you want to. ;) Don't forget to comeback here later this weekend, so see all the photos from Black Friday!

-OndineMonet
"Black Friday 2006"
Union Square
San Francisco, California
Late Afternoon

3 comments:

fdtate said...

I've never gone shopping on Black Friday. I've never even been tempted. I once ventured out to find the wife (she had something that was essential at the time -- I can't remember what now) and I saw sights that gave me nightmares for weeks.

Suzanne R said...

No black Friday for me here, either, as I was on my way back from out-of-town, but I wouldn't have gone shopping then if I had been home. I do not like crowds all that much, or finding parking places in malls that are jam-packed with cars. It sounds like you have fun with Alan, and I'm glad it's something you enjoy doing together. Did you find some good bargains in your favorite stores?

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I'm not sure I've ever brought a present on that day. Still, if other people enjoy it, that's a good thing!