
"Change is a measure of time and in the autumn, time seems speeded up. What was is not and never again will be; what is, is change."
-Edwin Way Teale
I am a little tired. The rain and cold air we had this weekend, has sent me back into somewhat of a hibernation. This is my first autumn with both Fibromyalgia and Diabetes. I can see it will be quite a challenge finding the balance. My energy is low, but I am all kinds of inspired with the camera, so, as always, I am choosing my activities carefully. I have a trip to Sacramento planned for midweek, which will be good for me, as the weather is expected to be warmer by then. I am even looking forward to the 2 hour car ride. :) But until then, I am taking things easy, so here is a new haiku. I have had the words floating in my imagination for a couple days. Autumn always makes me introspective, and sometimes wistful. What's a girl to do?
Autumnal Equinox
by Carly Gordon
Leaves begin to fall
As long days become long nights
In dreams you remain
-OndineMonet
Botanic Garden
Tilden Park
Berkeley, California
September, 2007
Late Afternoon
