Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Orange

"Art is unquestionably one of the purest and highest elements in human happiness. It trains the mind through the eye, and the eye through the mind. As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life."

-John Lubbock

Consider Orange. It's a fine color, but of all the colors in our cultural spectrum, it's the one that seems to get the least respect - sure, you wear it for a safety vest, but you're not especially likely to wear it to fancy ball (especially if you're a guy). So this week's Photo Shoot is about giving up a little respect for the color:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Picture something in orange. As a challenge, don't take pictures of actual oranges (the fruit), and picturing actual pumpkins seems a little too easy too. Other than that, go for it.

-John Scalzi (By The Way)

I like the color orange very much. As you know I am an autumn girl, so I have lots of photos of pumpkins and different types of orange flowers in my files, but I have also managed to capture the color for this week's shoot in sunsets, and butterflies. And yes, I kinda did post a picture of a pumpkin, but darn it, doesn't my guy Elvis look cute in his orange pumpkin costume from Halloween 2001? :)
Like Frank Sinatra once said, "Orange is the happiest color."



-OndineMonet
"Monarch"
Conservatory of Flowers
San Francisco, California
Summer, 2006

2 comments:

DesLily said...

all absolutely beautiful Carly.. but you KNOW my favorite pic is the one of Elvis! lol

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm lurking around looking at everyone's beautiful orange. I know you weren't suppose to use the pumpkin, but your Elvis is gorgeous. I love black cats. Thanks for sharing those awesome pictures with us.
Take care, Chrissie