Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ziggy Logic

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses."

-Ziggy

Wednesday's are the busiest days. I have my regular therapy appointment with Sarah, then I go from there I fit in all the appointments I can, so I can get things done while out and about. I having been doing much driving on my own, since the first of the year, but with the warmer weather coming, I will more then likely bounce back from this extended state of hibernation I have experienced this year. Yesterday, was Wednesday, and instead of filling the afternoon with errands, I decided to see if I could see those wayward humpback whales, that had recently become stranded in the Sacramento delta. See, as of Tuesday night,they were well on their way back out to sea, and to do so, they would have to go directly under the Golden Gate. Well, the sneaky mom and baby skedaddled out of town, some time in the middle of the night... they were already gone back to the Pacific with the first light of Wednesday! Sigh. I was so hoping to photograph them, from the viewing area at Fort Point, under the Golden Gate Bridge... but it was not to be. Oh well, the important thing is that they are now safe and sound, blissfully swimming in the ocean. :) That makes me happy.

But with the whales safely back out to sea, what was I to do with the afternoon? It was an easy choice, Alan and I went to Golden Gate Park to photograph the magnificent roses in the Rose Garden, near Stowe Lake. Magnificent was indeed the right word. I was stunned by how beautiful the varieties of roses were. Among some of the roses on display were, Rainbow Sorbet, Hot Cocoa, About Face, and Kaleidoscope. It was a feast for the eyes, and the beauty of the flowers was soothing to my soul, after having had a particularly stressful session with Sarah. The scent of the roses ranged from a deep spicy scent, to a soft honey aroma. It was enchanting. :) I will be visiting there again this summer, probably once the Dahlias are up and blooming.

Here is some of what I saw today, including some busy, buzzy things, and furry nose-twitching critters...


Furry, nose-twitching creature

French Lace

Rainbow Sorbet

California Poppy and a busy buzzy thing

French Lace


I love Ziggy's logic... Ziggy rocks... I would have dated Ziggy. :)

-OndineMonet
"Honey Perfume"
Rose Garden
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
May 30th, 2007
Afternoon

4 comments:

Linda said...

Hi again... such beautiful pictures! May I ask what kind of camera you use? The quality and composition are great.

MyMaracas said...

These roses are so clear and beautiful, I can almost smell them. The French Lace group is especially lovely. I like the way the colorful petals in the background set off the delicate, pale roses. Sure wish I had your way with a camera.


Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment at Maraca! It seems we do have things in common, besides chubby kitties... I'm a "Cancer" too. And how could I have left the Great Gatsby and Under the Tuscan Sun off my faves list?

I've been lurking here for a long time. Nice to finally meet you.
:-)
Vicki

Carly said...

Hi Linda

Most of my photos are taken with a digital- Konica Minolta DiMage Z1. It's a fun, and nifty little camera that also allows me to take videos as well. :) I also sometimes use my Minolta 35mm (film) camera with interchangeable lenses. :)

Steven said...

The French Lace is magnficant :-) You capture that just right. Lovely set of roses!