Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Windy Days

"Don't be afraid of opposition. Remember, a kite rises against, not with the wind."

-Hamilton W. Marble

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Snap a picture of wind. Naturally, it's difficult to get a picture of the wind itself, being that air is generally transparent, however, it's easier to get a picture of how the wind is affecting other things: hair, flags, kites, so on and so forth. You can see where I'm going with this.

-John Scalzi (By The Way)




I have a great love for windsocks. I have several around my yard, but this one is my favorite. I like kites too, in fact I just purchased a new one last January, but haven't found the time to take it out. It's a funny cow kite. :) Imagine seeing a cow flying by. LOL. I haven't had a chance to take it out yet, but what a nice thought for a way to spend a day this week. Maybe I will ask Alan to go on a date with me, later in the week,to fly the kite on the Marina Green in San Francisco. If we do, I will take pictures... I promise. :)

May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow.
May the soft winds freshen your spirit.
May the sunshine brighten your heart.
May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you,
And may God enfold you in the mantle of his love.

-Irish Blessing

-OndineMonet
"Fly Away"
Berkeley, California
April 16th, 2007
Afternoon

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I like the contrast between the two shots - one close up and hanging down, the other farther away and curling in the wind.