Monday, April 23, 2007

A New Week... A Week With Cat-Attude, Cat Class And Cat Style!

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life- music and cats."

-Albert Schweitzer

Ok, with last week and all it's sad events behind me, I am prepared to have a good week coming up, it's a special time at our house right now, because next Friday, April 27th, is Elvis's birthday, and he will be hitting the landmark age of 10! That means he will be 56 in cat years. A youngin' really. He still has so many kitten-like qualities. He is such a friendly, loving little fella, I am proud at his ability to make friends with the other cats in the neighborhood. To date he has only had one run-in, and that was with a cat of questionable temperament.So, with all the plans set, we have invited Elvis's friend Sebastiani to join us for his birthday party and BBQ. Last year we had Miss Molly, and the year before Elvis's pal Ernst was the guest. We only allow one kitty each year, because having more than a couple cats in the yard at a time, tends to get too rowdy. You know how 10 year old boys can be! Especially when they are also 56 year old men! LOL.

So, in honor of all things cat this week, I looked up some cute and funny cat pictures, and found some good quotes to go with them. Hope they bring you a smile, I think we could all use a little humor right about now... don't you? :)

"It always gives me a shiver when I see a cat seeing what I can't see."

-Eleanor Farjeon

I am pretty sure Elvis can see ghosts. I will share about that with you some time. :)

"There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat."

-Tay Hohoff

All cats have a unique way of conveying ENOUGH is ENOUGH! You never really have to guess if a cat likes you! LOL. :)

"The problem with cats is that they get the exact look on their face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer."

-Paula Poundstone

I swear the cat in the above picture, looks just like my sister at her most glamorous! No kidding!

"If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the pharmaceutical market"

-Alexis F. Hope

"If there were to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely vote for the purr."

-Barbara L. Diamond

"Cats speak a subtle language in which few sounds carry many meanings, depending on how they are sung or purred. "Mnrhnh" means comfortable soft chairs. It also means fish. It means genial companionship... and the absence of dogs."

-Val Schaffner



-OndineMonet

1 comment:

Steven said...

I've been looking at cat photos all day! Lolcats and the photos with words on them. Good fun.

You have a happy week with elvis :-)