Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'll Follow The Sun


"The Sun, with all the planets revolving around it, and depending on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as though it had nothing in the Universe to do."

-Galileo Galilei

A couple weeks ago, while on my way to Nevada, I had a chance to see the sun come up for the first time in months. I am usually asleep most mornings around dawn, as I usually go to bed at 5:00 a.m. or so. I had forgotten what I had been missing. The sun makes me feel good, and there is nothing like it's soft, golden radiance on a chilly late winter morning. Close your eyes, and imagine it for a moment. If you did close your eyes, were you able to actually feel the morning sun, shining on you?

Try it again, sit back in your chair, close your eyes, take a long, deep, cleansing breath, and imagine you are sitting in the warmth of the early morning sun. Now tell me, when you opened your eyes, were you smiling? Frowning? Did you feel warm inside? Try it one more time with me. Close your eyes, take two long, cleansing breaths, only this time, tell me what you see, feel, hear, touch, and taste in your imagination. Be aware of where the sun takes you, and let yourself feel it. REALLY feel it.

Did you just create a memory? Did you relive a memory? Did you picture that sunrise where you are right now, or did you transport yourself to another place and time? There is nothing like taking a moment, to clear the mind of clutter, and follow the sun.

I'll Follow The Sun
The Beatles

One day you'll look to see I've gone
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun
Some day you'll know I was the one
But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun
And now the time has come
And so my love I must go
And though I lose a friend
In the end you know, oooh
One day you'll find that I have gone
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun
Yes, tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun
And now the time has come
And so my love I must go
And though I lose a friend
In the end you'll know, oooh
One day, you'll find that I have gone
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.

"I love the sweet smell of dawn... our unique daily opportunity to smell time, to smell opportunity...each morning being a new beginning."

-Emme Woodhull-Bache

-OndineMonet
"Looking East"
March 15th, 2007
Early Morning

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

early morning was always my favorite time of day... the quiet , the few birds, the dew on the grass... I really dislike the city!

sunflowerkat said...

Very cool photo!

Early morning is my very favorite time of day. I rarely miss it. It nourishes me in a unique way that I seem to thrive on.