Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Your Monday Photo Shoot: On The Phone

"If we discovered that we only had five minutes left to say all that we wanted to say, ever telephone booth would be occupied by people calling other people to stammer that they loved them."

-Christopher Morley

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Show off your phone (provided you have one). Lets put the spotlight on perhaps the quintessential technological doodad of the early 21st century.

-John Scalzi (By The Way)

Here she be... my cell phone. She is a Nokia 6102 Camera phone. She is basic, she doesn't have every one of the bells and whistles available, but she is fun and she gets the job done. I have some cute wallpapers of "Sex and the City," and classic art such as Monet's "Waterlilies." My current ring tone is the theme from Bewitched, but for the December holiday season, I had Rod Stewart and Dolly Parton singing, "Baby It's Cold Outside."

I have said it before, and I will take this opportunity to say it again, in this day and age... post 911... cell phones are a necessity. Like with anything else, there is a right and wrong way to use them. I try to be aware of folks around me, therefore I turn it off when appropriate, such as in restaurants and theaters. Every time I hear news stories, like the one I heard tonight about the shooting at the mall in Utah earlier this evening, I am glad I have me cell phone. I would want to be able to communicate with Alan, should we ever find ourselves in that position.

And OK, I will admit it, I enjoy the fun aspects of having a cell phone, such as being able to Text Message with my pal H. P. . Due to his weird, hectic schedule, sometimes that is the only we can connect and keep up with each other. We live in a hectic, fast paced world, sometimes we do what we must to maintain those connections that are most important to us. Alan and I are able to call each other several times a day, just to say "I Love You" or "Hi." We are just funny that way, but it is good to know we are never too far out of touch with each other. OK, rant over. :)

"Telephone, n. An invention of the devil, which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance."

-Ambrose Bierce

Gunman kills 5 in Utah Shopping Mall

-OndineMonet
My Phone
Berkeley, California
October 5th, 2006
Evening

1 comment:

DesLily said...

ummm, my phone has a curly cord and plugs into the wall ..heh..