Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Color This Winter

"Flowers... are a proud assertion, that a ray of beauty out values all the utilities of the world."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson 1844

One of my favorite places to visit in Golden Gate Park, is the Queen Wilhelmina Dutch Windmill and Garden. Last Thursday, it was especially pretty, as it was just alive with some gorgeous yellow California poppies. The day was dark and overcast, yet what light there was gave the flowers an unusual glow. I was hoping to maybe see some caterpillars, but there wasn't one in sight. Oh well, it's still a bit early I suppose. I will go back again in a couple weeks and see how the garden is progressing. Soon the gardener will be placing the tulip bulbs for spring. It would be nice to see some pink ones this year, or maybe my favorite color combination of pink and yellow. I have been inspired by the Round Robin's recent "Macro" challenge to practice my macro photography, so no matter what color the tulips are this year, I will be happy, I am just really looking forward to seeing some color. :)


-OndineMonet
Queen Wilhelmina Garden
Dutch Windmill
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco
February 1, 2007
Afternoon

No comments: