Friday, January 12, 2007

John Scalzi's Weekend Assignment # 147: Warning! Warning!

"None pities him that is in the snare, who warned before, would not beware."

-Robert Herrick

Weekend Assignment # 147: Make a Warning Sign For Everyday Life. Because life needs warning signs sometimes.

Extra Credit: Ever ignored a warning sign you should have paid attention to?

-John Scalzi (By The Way)

Ok, I know the assignment John chose for us was meant to be fun and lighthearted, but honestly, after Wednesday night's speech regarding the impending troop escalation in Iraq, I can't think of anything, or anyone who we need to be more cautious of than our president, George W. Bush.

According to an Associated Press poll, as many as 70 percent of American's are against the "new' way forward in Iraq as outlined by Bush. I feel for the families who have lost loved ones, since Bush made the irrational and misleading decision to invade Iraq. I mean no disrespect, but sometimes I have to let my more serious thoughts and observations be known. There I said it. I wonder though... considering 70 percent see Bush's current move regarding Iraq as a mistake, could it be that I am finally preaching to the choir?

Extra Credit: LOL. There are signs, and then there are SIGNS! As most of you know, I once had the dinner from HELL, prepared for me, by the psycho mom of one of my darlin EX-BOYFRIENDS. Just to show you I do indeed still have a sense of humor, here is another sign which I also highly recommend. :)



Yes, it really did happen! Beware girls! Last I heard, he was living in Washington.

-OndineMonet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I love them! I remember you turkey story! I agree on the Bush one! :-)

Charley said...

Stupid is as stupid does - why do you think the people re-elected him? :)

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage