Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Loot!

"It isn't the size of the gift that matters, but the size of the heart that gives it."

-Quoted in "The Angels Little Instruction Book" by Eileen Elias Freeman

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take a picture of a present you've received during the holidays. Should be pretty easy, right?

-John Scalzi (By The Way... )

Alan and I have wonderful holidays. We have always had the best time with our little traditions. For example, we put a Santa Claus hat on the top of our Christmas tree, as opposed to an angel or a star. We have breakfast in bed together, on Christmas morning, because he almost always has to work that day. So we spend some quality time together, and then I get most of the rest of the day to myself to relax, and have time to myself, before he gets home in the afternoon. We also have fun little traditions when it comes to gift giving, such as the one I am about to tell you about.

Each year Alan and I buy each other at least one gift from the Dollar Tree. We are in our mid-forties, and have everything we really want, so there isn't much we put on our regular Christmas lists. Books are good, jewelry is always a plus, but sometimes the best things are the practical things. The other day, Alan took a peek around my office, and noticed I had not yet purchased a 2007 calendar. Off to the Dollar Tree he went. When I looked under the tree yesterday morning, I was thrilled to see there was indeed a calendar shaped present, wrapped in pretty paper waiting for me.

When he got home, we opened gifts, and I decided to start things off by opening that present first. I am so glad I did... because we had a great laugh, when we realized that Alan had bought me a Spanish calendar of French Impressionist artists. LOL. And it was printed in Korea! So I guess my new calendar has an international dynamic too it! Tee Hee. We have too much fun sometimes. :) Thank you for my new calendar Alan!

-OndineMonet
"Los Impresionistas"
Berkeley, California
December 25th, 2006
Late Evening

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well it's for sure you received an unexpected gift in that calendar!..

I see the Christmas Moose guarding the pressie's! lol..

Stay safe thru the holidays!

Anonymous said...

that calendar is so wonderful....now you can enjoy something beautiful all year long.
i would agree the simplest gifts are almost always the very best.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! So glad you and Alan focus on simple things rather than all the glitz.

Enjoy the calendar and have a wonderful season.

Here's to a new year and another wonderful year of friendship.

Hugs and love to you, Alan and Elvis

Deb