Sunday, December 24, 2006

Don We Now Our Day Of Peril

"The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't for any religious reasons, they couldn't find three wise men and a virgin."

-Jay Leno

Things I think about while baking holiday goodies...

1. We've had three earthquakes, here in Berkeley, in the last three days. That can't be good!

2. I don't think George Bush really cares what I think. Sigh. He told me he cared.

3. "Don We Now Our Day Of Peril." That can't be right. "Don We Now Our Gay Apparel." Really??? See, that makes a lot more sense. I guess.

4. About Rosie O' Donnell, and Donald Trump... You can take the millionaire out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the millionaire.

5. Hmmm... I own a left handed measuring cup.

6. Damn it hurts when you drop a can of peaches on your foot.

7. All of Santa's reindeer are female. Hmmm.

8. Speaking of Donald Trump, he should really pardon Miss Nevada as well.

9. Did I remember to buy bathroom tissue?

10. "One toke over the line sweet Jesus, one toke over the line, sitting downtown in a railway station, one toke over the line."

11. Do I even own a turkey baster?

12. "Good King Wences's car backed out, on the feet of heathens." That can't be right. "God King Wenceslas looked out, on the feast of Stephen." Who is Stephen? And why does he have a feast?

13. I wonder if I will hear from my friend H. P. on Christmas Eve, gosh I miss him.

14. Yummmm... cookie dough rocks!

15. If George Bush gets all the money he asks for to spend on HIS war, it will have a cost of Five-Hundred Billion dollars. I wonder how many Americans will go hungry tonight?

16. Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.

17. We killed one of Bin Laden's generals... why is it we never kill Bin Laden?

18. I'm dwelling on Bush again... sigh.

19. A duck's quack doesn't echo.

20. Where the hell is the Cream of Tarter?

21. What the hell is Cream of Tarter?

22. Did I even buy Cream of Tarter?

23. For that matter... what is Tarter?

22. It's been 45 minutes, why haven't my pain pills kicked in yet?

23. I would love Sweet & Sour Pork for lunch.

24. BBBEEEEEEEP! The cookies are done.

25. It's going to rain all day on Christmas Day... I love that thought.

26. Shrimp can only swim backward.

27. Merriam Webster's "Word of the Year" is, "Truthiness." Hmmm... I would have chosen, IMPEACHMENT.

28. Camel's milk does not curdle.

29. "I picked a lemon in the garden, where they told me only peaches grew."

30. That knock at the door was the mailman, my Aunt Amanda sent me a present. She loves me. :)

31. Sing it with me...

God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay
Remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas Day
To save us all from Satan's power, when we go astray
O Good tidings of Joy, comfort and joy
O Good tidings of Joy, comfort and joy.

-OndineMonet
"Nibbles"
Berkeley, California
December 22nd, 2006
Afternoon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Day of Peril indeed :-)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Stephen (Saint day celebrated 12/26) was the first Christian martyr. He was stoned to death while Saul of Tarsus watched the killers' coats for them. Then Saul had an experience on the road to Damascus, and everything changed for him forever.

Beatles version:

Good King Wenceslas looked out,
On the feast of Stephen
When the sloe ray roundabout
Deep and crisp and crispy.
Brightly shown the moon that night
Though the frosty cruel,
When a pork pie came in sight
Gath'ring winter gruel.