Sunday, October 29, 2006

More To Come...


"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn is a mosaic of them all."

-Stanley Horowitz



I love the seasons, and I love photographing them, especially when the sun shows me shadows. I love how the everything sparkles like diamonds in the winter, as the sun dances off the snow. Lake Tahoe is amazing any time of year, but it is especially beautiful in winter.



Spring in the Bay Area is stunning. Vivid color everywhere. Spring was never my favorite time of year, because I would rather photograph leaves in autumn, then flowers, but for some reason this past spring was awesome to me. I had such a good time with the flowers, and I learned to really appreciate photographing bees for the first time.



Summer... my least favorite time of year. This past summer was spent at the conservatory photographing the magnificent butterflies. As I have said, I learned so much about patience and indoor lighting. I know I learned about myself, while photographing those butterflies. I did a lot of processing as I focused on them, as harsh as it felt at times, I am thankful for those quiet afternoons at the Conservatory of Flowers.



This year has held some amazing moments, and there is still a little more to come! I am still have a ton of editing to do from my recent trip to the Sierra, so I will be posting about that a little at a time. I don't want to rush with the photos. I can tell you I have a lot of amazing stuff to show you, so please bear with me. There is definitely more to come...

-OndineMonet
"Four Seasons Collection"
1. "The Edge Of Donner Pass"
1a. "Winter"
2. "Spring"
3. "Summer"
4. "Autumn"

1 comment:

DesLily said...

being a lover of the "woods".. you have to know the first photo is my favorite!...but all are of your usual high quality!