Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Color Opposites

"The Most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet."

-Andy Warhol

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Post a picture that focuses on the contrast between two opposing colors. What colors are opposites? Green and red are opposites, as are blue and yellow, and orange and purple. So, a picture that has something purple in front of something orange would work, or a picture that features blue and yellow in alternating stripes. The subject of the picture could be anything you like - but there have to be opposing colors in there."

-John Scalzi

I haven't been out with the camera in about a week, so I decided today might be a good day to do some more "still life" photos of the summer harvest from the garden. I will post some of those photos soon, but in the meantime, I am still finding inspiration in those lovely pears. My goodness are they ever delicious. I sat under the tree for a while yesterday, and just ate them right off the lower limbs. Juicy, buttery and sweet. Almost erotic. My goodness can my mind ever wander! :)

More moments of contrast...

Now this guy, is a study in contrasting colors!

A red butterfly with a green body! I wasn't able to get any info about it, but it was absolutely stunning! Ahhhh...things with wings! :)

Color Matters (An excellent resource for information on colors)


-OndineMonet
"Pear In Blue"
Berkeley, California
Monday, September 18th, 2006
Late Afternoon