Sunday, July 30, 2006

Timeless

"My love for you is a journey; Starting at forever, and ending at never."

-Anonymous

As if visiting the Monet exhibit last Thursday, wasn't enough to warm my soul, when I walked out of the Legion of Honor that day, I noticed this lovely young couple posing for their wedding pictures. They looked so in love. It was late in the day, and the museum was closing, so I sat on the steps and watched, as they took different poses for their wedding album. I couldn't help but snap a few photos of the bride and groom, they were simply beaming at each other. It was a very nice way to end the day! It's been a while since I have shared some of the historic letters I used to put with my entries on "Ellipsis...The Moonlight Gallery," so I thought it would be a nice touch to include a couple letters with this entry. Enjoy!

The first letter...

Count Leo Tolstoy to Valeria Arsenev (fiance)
November 2, 1856

I already love in you your beauty, but I am only beginning to love in you that which is eternal and ever precious... your heart, your soul. Beauty one could get to know and fall in love with in one hour and cease to love it as speedily; but the soul one must learn to know. Believe me, nothing on earth is given without labour, even love, the most beautiful and natural of feelings.

The second letter is by John Keats, to his wife...

I cannot exist without you. I am forgetful of everything but you again. My life seems to stop there, I see no further. You have absorbed me. I have a sensation at the present moment as though I were dissolving. I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion...I shuddered at it...I shudder no more. I could be martyr'd for my religion: Love is my religion. I could die for that. I could die for you. My creed is love, and you are it's only tenet. You have ravish'd me away by a power I cannot resist.

-John

So In Love
By Housemartins

As we stroll along together
Holding hands and walking all alone
So in love are we two
That we don't know what to do

So in love
So in love

As we walk along together
'neath the stars twinkling high above
So in love are we two
That we don't know what to do

So in love
So in love

I tell, tell you my darling
I need you, I need you oh so much
I love, I love you my darlin
Can't you feel it in my touch

As we walk down the aisle together
As we vow to stay together till we die
So in love are we two
Just can't wait to say I do

So in love, so in love
So in love, so much in love
Oh you and I
So in love

Last Thursday, was a magical day in the universe. And there was art everywhere, if one only took the time to stop and look.

-OndineMonet
"So In Love"
The Legion of Honor
San Francisco, California
July, 2006
Late Afternoon

1 comment:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Wonderful photo! Black and white was a great choice for it, stripping it down to what matters.