"One of the greatest moments in anybodies developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide himself, but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is."
-Norman Vincent Peale
About a year ago, I decided to go and take some photos at Cliff House in San Francisco. Cliff House has a rich history, dating back to San Francisco at the turn of the century. It sits on a gorgeous spot,the Great Highway, and overlooks the Pacific Ocean. There is all kinds of plant life growing along the cliffs beneath it and the bird life is simply fascinating to watch. With the added attraction of Camera Obscura, one could spend the whole day there and not become bored. On this particular day, I was taking specific interest in the many types of birds flying around... this little guy especially.
I must have spent an hour that day photographing the birds flying, resting on the cliffs, and walking in the sand, but this was the only bird that day that seemed to take notice of his own reflection. He would take a step... and his shadow would follow. Back and forth he walked, but he couldn't seem to shake his reflection. LOL. What a show it was. LOL. I enjoy watching animals, especially when I can be there as they seem to be discovering new things. Now this may not have been a new experience for him, but it was for me. To just sit, take my time with the camera. Somehow, I did a little reflecting that day as well, about why I was being so manic with the camera. It was a good day. Reflection is good. :)
Thank you goes to Cheryl, author of the journals, "Welcome To My World," and "Life Through My Lens." This was an awesome challenge to be sure. The Round Robin Photo Challenges are open to anyone who would like to play along. It's easy, all you have to do is make a stop over at the official Round Robin blog, read the ***Welcome Entry & Rules Of Play**** and the entry for our current challenge, and you are all set. There is still time to get in on this challenge, you have up to one week to post your entry, but we do suggest that if you post on the day of the challenge, you will have the best chance of having your entry be seen. To see the entries by the other Round Robin participants, simply click on the links below. Enjoy!
"Seeing yourself as you want to be, is the key to personal growth."
"Little Bird Reflecting"
San Francisco, California
Late Spring, 2005
Round Robin Participants
1. Cheryl... "Welcome to My World," "Life Through My Lens." POSTED!
2. Karen... "Outpost Mavarin" POSTED!
3. Carly... "Ellipsis... Suddenly Carly" POSTED!
4. Valorie... "Retrospect USA" POSTED!
5. Sachin... "SacWorks" ***Welcome New Robin***
6. Deslily... "Here There and Everywhere 2nd Edition"
"Here There and Everywhere" BOTH POSTED!
7. Kimberleigh... "I Shaved My Legs For This?" POSTED!
8. Erika... "Stealing Time"
9. Nancy... "Nancy Luvs Pix" POSTED!
10. Julie... "Julie's Web Journal" POSTED!
11. T. J. ... "Every Picture Tells A Story" POSTED!
12. Suzanne... "Suzanne R's Life" POSTED!
13. Derek... "Through My Eyes" POSTED!
14. Tammy... "The Daily Warrior" POSTED!
15. Connie... "Moments To Remember"
16. Steven... "(sometimes) photoblog" POSTED!
17. Deb... "Sassy's EYE"
18. Dorn... "Through the Eyes of the Beholder" POSTED!
19. Steve... "PAPARRAZI BY PROXY" ***Welcome New Robin*** POSTED!
20. Betty... "My Day My Interests" POSTED!
21. Duane... "sotto voce USA" and "sotto voce" BOTH POSTED!
22. Tess... "First Digital Photos" POSTED!
23. rRose... "WAIT-NOTYET" POSTED!
24. Becky... "Where Life Takes You" POSTED!
My 2017 Reading List
7 months ago