Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Your Monday Photo Assignment: Your Bookshelf

"If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it."

-Toni Morrison

Your Monday Photo Assignment: Show us what's in your bookshelf right now. That's right, right this second.

-John Scalzi

This is a photo of the right top corner of my desk unit. That is where all my current books reside. Of course there is a couple books that are always on my desk. My favorite book, Practical Magic, by Alice Hoffman, and The Idiot's Guide To Fibromyalgia. I love going back and rereading Practical Magic, it has been a favorite of mine for many years, and as for the Fibromyalgia book, well that one is educating me on how to live with this condition. :) I like educating myself on how to manage those nuisance situations that come up in life...it empowers me. :) On the opposite side of my desk are some biographies of some really interesting women, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Sarah, Duchess of York, and Margaret Bourke-White, my books of Impressionist art and an art history timeline. The newest book on my bookshelf is "The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook." I am enjoying the new recipes and tips for living a more healthy lifestyle. :) I highly recommend it! I have books stacked here and there all over my house. I think I might need more bookshelves. :)

-OndineMonet
"Book Nook"
Berkeley, California
March 7th, 2006
Afternoon

2 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I LOVE the quote! - K.

SolitaryDancer said...

Love your bookcase. The titles suit you to a tee. But, it's your bookcase so who else would they suit. :-)

Deb