"If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job."
Weekend Assignment #97: Make up a movie award category and tell us who or what ought to win." What an excellent suggestion. Since NZforMe left the parameters of this fairly open, let's keep it that way. Create any sort of category you want, and you can select your nominees (and winner) from the entire history of film. You don't have to go all out and list nominees (you can just go straight on to the winner), but it's fun to have fun with."
Extra Credit: What was the first film you ever saw in a movie theater?
Best Cameo performance In A Motion Picture.
The nominees are:
1. So I Married An Axe Murderer...Phil Hartman, as Alcatraz tour guide, John Johnson...but you can call him "Vicky."
2. Superman The Movie... Rex Reed says "hello" to Lois Lane & Clark Kent.
3. Starsky & Hutch... David Soul & Paul Michael Glaser reprise their roles at the end of the film. Still funny after all these years!
4. When Harry Met Sally...Estelle Reiner. She delivered the best punchline of the movie, when she uttered the words, "I'll Have What She's Having."
5. Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me...Elvis Costello & Burt Bacharach. I love the two of them performing the song, "I'll Never Fall In Love Again," as Austin Powers and secret agent, Felicity Shagwell dance in the street.
6. The Birds...Alfred Hitchcock getting off a Muni bus, in San Francisco, in the beginning of the film.
And The Winner Is: Estelle Reiner! In my opinion it is one of the truly perfect moments ever in film. The delivery of the line, "I'll have what she's having," was the perfect line to follow the hilarious scene immediately before, in which Meg Ryan's character, demonstrated how the perfect faked orgasm would appear. It was the perfect punchline to the perfect joke.
Extra Credit: The first film I ever saw in a theater was, "Peter And The Wolf." I saw it at the famous, Grand Lake theater in Oakland, California. Loved the music, loved the colorful animals.
My 2017 Reading List
11 months ago