Monday, January 02, 2006

Your Monday Photo Shoot: First Photo Of 2006

"Weather forecast for tonight: dark."

-George Carlin

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Display the first photo you took in 2006.

-John Scalzi

We here in Northern California have been experiencing some pretty severe weather in the last couple weeks, and especially in the last few days. Especially hard hit was the far north bay towns of Guerneville, Napa and Santa Rosa. I live in the East Bay hills and we have done pretty well, although there was a mudslide in Oakland on Skyline at Broadway Terrace. The road there will be closed for a few more days. Sigh. A minor inconvenience compared to what other folks are going through. Governor Schwarzenegger declared 7 of the 9 Bay Area counties disaster areas today. Alameda County, where I live, was spared the roughest of the weather, and the only damage near me was to my lovely back yard umbrella. I don't know, I kinda like it's new look. I don't think I have the heart to throw it away...it's been through too much! LOL. I always loved that quote by Mark Twain about the weather in my neck of the woods,"The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer I spent in San Francisco." I wonder what he would have thought about an actual winter day here? :)

-OndineMonet
"Weather Watcher"
Berkeley, California
January 1st, 2006
Early Morning

5 comments:

Judith HeartSong said...

be safe out there my friend. I love your fluttery butterfly/ mariposa!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you blogger is great. Well Im brazilian, but Im was found your site when I search for the word "ELLIPIS". On really I was found a lyric of a Finland band called THE RAIN www.therain.fi (I Know this band today :D)

Well, congratulations for you blogger, if you want to pass in mine bogger set-free.
Sorry for my english. ;)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I wondered whether you were in the thick of the rain and flooding. Stay safe, okay? - K.

Anonymous said...

I'm sick of the rain too!! I live in San Jose, but I work in my hometown of Santa Cruz, California.. It's been a soggy new year so far!! Stay dry!!

Julie :)

fdtate said...

Glad that the umbrella was the extent of your damage. It sometimes sounded on the news like the whole state was going to wash out to sea.