Saturday, October 15, 2016

At The Margins Of Everything

"Birds know themselves not to be at the center of anything, but at the margins of everything. The end of the map. We only live where someone's horizon sweeps someone else's. We are only noticed on the edge of things; but on the edge of things, we notice much."

~Gregory Maguire
Out Of Oz

It's been one hell of a week... hasn't it? There is so much swirling around in my head right now, it's all beginning to blend together! My colonoscopy is less than a week away now. In fact it's only 5 days away, and I can admit it, I am getting scared! There is a big part of me that just wants to run, and there is another part of me that says, "cowboy up, and get it done!" I guess, when it's all said and done, I will probably decide to grow through with the test and just get it over with! It's just all very bad timing... as if there is any good timing for getting a colonoscopy! I am pretty sure, NO ONE looks forward to that!

Anyway, I am going to do lots and lots of photography the next few days, and distract myself from the doom. And it's not like there won't be any politics in the mean time to keep me occupy my attention. Trump is on the slow speed chase to political oblivion as I type this! Is it possible that something even worse is on the horizon? Something worse than, at last count, 11 women coming forward to tell their personal tales of being sexually assaulted by Trump? Could be! But what could it be? I don't even want to speculate! It seems like every day for the last year or so, he has managed to top himself with his despicable, deplorable, boorish behavior!

I guess we will see it when it gets here.
Right?

Until then... I am off to find some beauty. Some art. Something, anything that better fills my mind and imagination! Like that little bird, admiring that flower. I could learn a lot from him I think!

Wish me luck!

Leaf Of The Day
October 15, 2016





Mood: Happy :)

~Me :) 


 

No comments: