Thursday, January 01, 2015

Winter Subjects

"In the New Year, you carry all the experiences of the past years and that is the greatest power of every New Year! This year again, you are less student and more master."

~Mehmet Murat ildan

This is the first posted photo of 2015, but obviously I took this picture in 2014. December 30th is close enough to 2015... right? Oh well, I had a great time taking the photo, and while I did so, I began to consider where I want to go with my photography this year. I know there will be the usual subjects of Public Art, Flowers, and the occasional candid city scenes, but I think I want to be better about my online organization of the photos I do. I have decided to create online albums on Flickr, rather than just post new photos to Ellipsis, Pinterest and Instagram. I finally put all of the autumn leave photos into an album, and it is ready for viewing. It was a great project that taught me a lot about color, light and of course, backgrounds. I did a little photo editing wizardry, and a lot of framing, and I was happy with the results. But when I began to look at the photos I took this past autumn, I saw some tendencies toward certain color schemes, and realizing that forced me to choose a bigger variety within the subject. The whole process has me thinking about where I want to go with my photography, and a clearer path of how to achieve it. With fingers crossed, and time on my side, I hopefully will see some amazing results.

We'll See!

Stay Tuned!

Flickr (My Photostream)
Flickr: Autumn Leaves 2014 (Complete Album)


Mood: Inspired

~Me :)

Winter Subjects
Robin
Photographed 12/30/2014
3:55 PM
Nikon CoolPix S3500

No comments: