Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Strolling Through The Seasons...



"I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, "Go to sleep darlings, till the summer comes again."

~Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland And Through The Looking-Glass

Yep. That's a picture of autumn. Why am I posting a photo of an autumn scene, as we sit on the cusp of spring and summer? Well because it will be summer very soon... less that a week... and I am busy finishing the last of the spring cleaning. An activity I should have really began months ago, but instead chose to all but ignore until about a week ago. Now, today, and most of tonight, will be spent packing up stuff, and space bagging other things so that it will finally be done! Why did I procrastinate? Why didn't I just do it back in March? Or April? Or May? Why?

I am home alone tonight, in fact I will be alone until Alan gets home from work at 6:00 in the morning. What will I be doing all that time? Well, you know... the usual. Mostly cleaning the front closet, arranging Christmas decorations, usually a late autumn/winter activity, and for company I have The Mary Tyler Moore show on the computer. I am on Season 1 Episode 3 as I type this. I love that show! It's one of those shows that I can watch over and over and never tire of it. Especially when I am alone, and I can remember back to watching it as a kid.

Anyway, here are some new photos from the garden. I promise I will be bringing some fresh photos later in the week. No flowers... I promise. :) I hope to make it over to San Francisco later in the week. Wish me luck with that!

Red/Gold Roses
June 15th, 2013





I love the color of those roses. It's a small rose to, perfect for a bud vase. And look at that color, it's a little like having all the seasons in one place, well, except for winter. Of course, it could always rain tonight... nah... it's cool, but not a drop in sight. Sigh.

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

1 comment:

jr cline said...

That is a lovely rose. Have fun in San Francisco.