Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 167~ Game One World Series 2012



"Okay you guys, pair up in threes."

~Yogi Berra

 

It's finally here. The World Series is in town, and the Giants are making us proud! Support of the home team couldn't be more exciting, as the whole city, well the most interesting parts anyway, have their orange lights on! I love it when San Francisco celebrates anything! You already know I am madly in love with the city by the bay, but when she puts her special lights on for an event like the World Series, she is even more lovely. Maybe that's why I love the city during the holidays. The downtown decorates by outlining the buildings in special lighting to make them look like packages, and there is a happy, festive feeling in the air. It's beautiful, especially to this photographer's eye!

Humorous Side Note: I don't do well with song lyrics. One of my mondegreens has to do with the Creedence Clearwater Revival song, "Center Field." See, I never realized it was a song about baseball... no... I thought it was about flying in an airplane. How did I arrive at that? The lyrics... "Put me in COACH, I'm ready to play today." I heard that lyric, but the music itself was so catchy that I usually ended up humming, rather listening to the rest of the lyrics themselves. LOL. You have NO idea how hard Alan laughed when I told him what I thought the song was about. Sheesh. LOL. Well, I laughed to. And then we discussed the song "Bad Blood" by Elton John and Neil Sedaka, and how the lyric was "... the lyings on the lips." Not... "...the lions got a lisp." LOL. Sheesh Again! That god for the Internet, and sites that give you the actual lyrics to songs!

(Insert Crossed Eyes Here)

"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical."

~Yogi Berra

:)

~Me :)

 Today's Link Comes From JR. Go Say HI!

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-165.html

1 comment:

jr cline said...

The orange lights are great. Nice pictures.
I'm not much of a sports fan, but I do like festive lighting. I have Christmas lights in my house that I turn on all year long. I think I got it from my grandmother. "I love the pretty lights" is something I remember her saying all my life.

link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-166.html