Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 170~ An Autumn Day In Plumas County



October's Party

October gave a party
The leaves by hundreds came
The Chestnuts, Oaks and Maples
And leaves of every name.

The sunshine spread a carpet
And everything was grand
Miss Weather led the dancing
Professor Wind the band.

~ George Cooper, October's Party
 

Alan and I visited the most beautiful place in California yesterday, Plumas County. Everywhere you turn, there is a feast for the eyes of a weary soul. The first time we visited Plumas as leaf peepers was in 2008, and we haven't been back since then because of one reason or another. Last year it had to do with my energy level. Nothing hurt worse last year than to get up, try to ready myself for the jaunt to Plumas, and realize I didn't have enough energy to make the trip. I was sad for a long time over that! There is nothing that lifts my spirits higher, than to play about in a big pile of autumn leaves. But yesterday, I made my triumphant return. And I stopped several times to just smell the fresh air, and take in the amazing display of color. I am hopelessly in love with Plumas, and being back there yesterday was like saying hello to an old friend. It feels like home.

My Plumas Gallery
October 27th, 2012

Quincy
Portola
Graeagle

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days."

~John Burroughs

Happiness :)

~Me :)

And Now, Your World Series Update...

 




1 comment:

jr cline said...

Plumas County welcomed you home with a glorious display of color. I see why you like it there so much. Lovely!

Link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/10/apadf6-169.html