Monday, September 10, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 122~ A Nice Memory



"Not all those who wander are lost."

~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship Of The Ring

I am a bit tired, so instead of a new photo tonight, I am listening to my body and taking life slowly. I have some plans for new photos this week, so I promise you will see some brand new images, but if it's all good, I will simply share a fond memory with you. I may have displayed this particular photo series before, if so, I don't think it was recently. At least I hope it wasn't.

Anyway, tonight I bring you a nice memory of a day on the beach, adjacent to the Golden Gate Bridge. If you can believe it, this wasn't taken in the summer time, no, it was taken on February 5th, 2007! It was a lovely, warm winter day, and I could have stayed right there the rest of my life! LOL. But, alas, I knew that time, and temperature, and the day wouldn't last forever, and besides, it wouldn't be very long before I got the urge to wander with the camera. So I got the photos I came fore, and went home a happy girl!

Some of my best days with my cameras are when I have no idea where I am going, and what I want to see and photograph. It seems like those days always produce the best photos.



Queen Mary 2
The largest ship, at the time, to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge.



The ship came in a little later than scheduled, but it was well worth the wait. You could hear the cheers of the cruise ships passengers, as it sailed under the Golden Gate with just inches to spare. How fun is that?

:)

Queen Mary 2 Narrowly Clears Golden Gate Bridge (USA Today)

~ Me

Today's link, comes by way of my friend JR...

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/09/apadf6-120.html


No comments: