Wednesday, September 05, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 118~ 24 Hours Of Blue



"The storm starts, when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping."

~Dr. Seuss
 

Several years ago, in either 2004 or 2005, we had an unbelievable February in California. We had amazing warm weather here on the coast, and a huge snowfall in the Sierra. So, within the span of 5 hours you could be surfing in Half Moon Bay, or Pacifica or even Santa Cruz, and then later in the same day, swooshing down the slopes in Tahoe. I couldn't resist the urge to grab the camera and showcase what I love the most about living here. The awesome beauty of California weather. It's amazing at times. Take today for example. We are on storm lookout for lightning and thunder. Despite what Hollywood likes to say, we rarely have lightning and thunder, so when we do, I enjoy the hell out of it! With a little luck, I will get some pictures of lightning. Hmmm... now where did I put my lightning rod? Where is that thing? Oh well, I guess all I really need is a key and a kite! Now, if can just remember where I put my kite! Have you seen it? It's shaped like a black and white cow. Which is utterly ridiculous! LOL. Just think of it... and electric cow, flying in the air. How cool is that?





Photo One: Half Moon Bay, California February 21st 12:30 PM

Photo Two: Snow Park Placerville, California February 22nd 8:30 AM

Photo Three: South Lake Tahoe, California,  February 22nd 12:30 PM
 
~Me 




No comments: