Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 103~ Tomatoes, Roses And Woody Allen



"The single greatest lesson the garden teaches is that our relationship to the planet need not be zero-sum, and that as long as the sun still shines and people still can plan and plant, think and do, we can, if we bother to try, find ways to provide for ourselves without diminishing the world."

~Michael Pollan, The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History Of Four Meals.

A Garden On 20th...

Just a little bit more about my days on 20th and Lexington. Across the street, catty corner from where I stood for most of the two days I was there, was a small fire escape garden. Well, a collection of plants, might be a little more accurate, but whatever you want to call it, it was charming. Big cities like San Francisco fascinate me. The buildings have characteristics that one seldom sees in the burbs. I adore the old fashioned charm of the fire escapes of San Francisco. I have seen them covered bundles of drying laundry. Covered with plants like the one above. I even saw one, a few years back, that had a cardboard cutout of Paris Hilton, with devil horns drawn on her. LOL. There is always something to see in a window, or balcony, or a fire escape in San Francisco. I am going to add fire escapes to my list of must photograph places. There is such beauty in the simplistic!

Back To Gardening In The Suburbs...

Let's Start With The Tomatoes. Both are amazingly rich in full bodied tomato flavor. Is there anything worse than paying a ton of money for Heirloom tomatoes, only to find out after you get them home, that they don't have much of a flavor? That is the best part about growing your own vegetables. You can pick them right off the vine, and their flavor is so fresh and delicious. There is nothing like it. Delicious!

Mr. Stripey



Black Krim & Mama Mia



And Now The Roses...

Julia Child


Angel Face



Hot Cocoa


Pink Promise


The rose garden is so sweet right now. I love to take a book outside and just spend a little time with all that beauty.

And Now For A Woody Allen Update

I have been checking online this pass weekend, but not much new was mentioned about where in San Francisco he might be filming this week.I was beginning to think I wouldn't be seeing him again, at least not this week, but luck shined on me, and I found a website that says that he will be shooting this coming Thursday, in the Richmond district, at a small Italian restaurant called Gaspare's Pizza House And Italian Restaurant. I have never heard of the place, but a quick search came up with the website, and their rating on Yelp. So far I am impressed. I haven't had Italian food since Banchero's closed in June, so I will be looking forward to giving them a try in a couple weeks. Italian food is my favorite, both to cook at home, and to eat out. Gaspare's is right off Golden Gate Park, which is like my home away from home when we go to the city, so I will be looking forward to both photographing Woody a little more, and eating at Gaspare's at some point!

Thursday is a work day for Alan, so there is the possibility that we won't get to go, but it's okay, there is always the possibility of sometime next week. Either way, I am a happy girl right now. It doesn't take a lot to make me smile, especially lately. It's all good!


~Me :)

Today's Link...

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-102.html

1 comment:

jr cline said...

Mr. Stripey is a great tasting tomato. When I had a garden I grew it every year (once I discovered it). Delicious. Like you said, home grown vegies have so much more flavor than the grocery store varieties. I wonder how they get the flavor out and what they are using it for. hahahaha
Your roses are lovely.
I'm glad you are a happy girl and that you are getting out taking pictures! :-)

link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/08/apadf6-103.html